the trip of a lifetime.
it's closer than you think.
All REBAVA trips include fifteen days in-country & are designed around two core learning objectives:
- Culture & language
- Religion & spirituality
- History & the aftermath of the Khmer Rouge
- Development work & what it means to be a ‘developing country’
- Understanding complexities (i.e. - city life vs. rural life)
- Exploring & connecting to local landscapes
- Global citizenship & interconnectedness
- Leadership & self-awareness
- Personal development
- Responsible travel
Highlights across all itineraries include:
- Exploring local markets, a cornerstone of daily life in the Kingdom.
- Visiting Buddhist pagodas & considering Cambodia’s fascinating spiritual story.
- Making authentic connections & experiencing traditional lifestyles with Cambodian host families in stilted & floating homes.
- Supporting income generation efforts in rural communities by staying at community based tourism projects.
- Treading the paths of great Emperors through jungle-clad ruins & the majestic Temples of Angkor.
- Cooking up some traditional Khmer dishes with the help of your homestay family.
- Being mesmerized by the acrobatic prowess of the Phare Circus performers. Phare is a social enterprise transforming the lives of Cambodian youth. Artists are graduates of Phare Ponleu Selpak, an NGO school and professional arts training center in Battambang, Cambodia.
We invite you to explore the highlights of each trip to discover which unique venture beckons you most.